Monday, November 21, 2016

Starting a Robocop collection

Just want to share my small Robocop collection. I've been a huge fan of Robocop since the first film came out in 1987. This was my first exposure of violence in films..lol..especially after seeing how Murphy was mangled by Boddicker's men really made a lasting impression on me. I was actually traumatized by Murphy's brutal execution scene that I didn't watched that scene again well after college..but anyway, here's my humble Robocop collection..I'm planning to add some more.


"Dead or alive you're coming with me!"


"Take it over creep!"



My very first Robocop figure (sorry, it's mostly dusty..lol). I had this the same time the Robocop TV series came out in '94..It's been with me for 22 years..lol..couldn't believe it's been with me for that long!



I remember crying bucketloads coz' my brother misplaced his handgun..I hated him for it..Robocop is not Robocop without his damn handgun! lol..Anyhoo, one of the coolest feature of this toy is that he actually got  a data spike that comes out of this knuckles!



Another cool action feature of this toy is that you can actually replace his helmet and chest armor to battle damaged ones! You can also get to see Murphy's mugger and the circuitry underneath his chest armor which is kinda awesome!  Unfortunately, I lost those accessories and I had to permanently glue the helmet and chest pieces because they have a tendency to fall off during playtime so it's not surprising that i lost them while playing with them when i was a kid..lol. 




One of my fave among the bunch: 1993 Toy Island audiotronic Robocop. Sadly his electronics are no longer working. Which is a shame. I'm also missing his signature handgun so I've replaced his right hand with the machine gun/flamethrower accessory instead. 


"Clarence Boddicker, you are under arrest!"


Just got this from a trade..NECA Robocop: probably the MOST movie accurate of all Robocop figures I've seen. I think this is the re-issued version. It's pretty cool that NECA also included a spring-holster action feature. There's a small lever at the back of his right leg where you can push to pry open the leg and store his handgun inside. Very neat!


My only complaint with the NECA Robocop is that they tend to have a sloppy paintjob. The silver paint on the re-issue is too dull for my taste. And you can see paint smudges here and there. My figure got a small streak of black paint on the helmet. Other than that, the details on the armor is very much spot-on..Plus, you can actually see Peter Weller's likeness' in the figure. Awesome!


"Come quietly or there will be...trouble."



Another figure worth having: McFarlane Robocop! Not as movie-accurate as NECA's but it's still an amazing figure. Got mine already custom painted so the details on his armor would be visible. I particularly liked the base where you can plug Robocop in and you have an instant diorama. He's now ready to blast the bad guys to smithereens!



Just look at the details of the diorama..although I feel the trash bin is a little out of place..LOL..they should've included a bullet-riddled wall or something.


He's got massive legs that's for sure. It worked really well to the overall look of the figure.



He's got a smaller chest than NECA though..I dunno, something's a little off with his chest armor..it looks small..so is the handgun, it really bothers me. I've tried to replace it with the NECA one but it just wouldn't fit. 


I can't play favorites when it comes to choosing the BEST Robocop figure, they have their own pros and cons..I loved them both! But if I would be forced to pick only one..in terms of overall accuracy, I'd probably go with NECA.

Hope you enjoyed looking at my humble collection. Thanks for viewing!


"Thank you for your cooperation, Goodbye!"






No comments:

Post a Comment